Sunday, April 20, 2014

Reasonable Doubt by Whitney Gracia Williams


Amazon is slowly becoming my favorite place in the whole cyber world. Just when I was thought that there was nothing out there to read I get an email from Amazon with book recommendations. I came across Reasonable Doubt while exploring my Safari page and did some research.  I discovered that this was the first novella in the series and a first erotic romance for the author. I gave it a shot.

The story centers around Andrew Hamilton, a high power attorney in a law office in North Carolina. He seeks one-night stands through a online dating service under the name of Thoreau. He has been having email and phone conversations with Alyssa, an attorney in another office. Andrew hates liars and has been burned by women in the past so he is adamant about protecting his bubble. Alyssa, however, throws a curveball and sets off Andrew’s world in a way he is struggling to manage.

My first comment is the warning to all readers: there is a cliffhanger. A good one. Andrew is a lovable bastard. He is handsome, smart, and quick-witted. His playful banter is one of the highlights of this book. When Alyssa asks “What if the real reason I don’t want to meet you is because I’m ugly?” He responds with “I’d fuck you with the lights off.” He is a jerk but his bad behavior is what so many crave. He knows that he turns Alyssa on during their conversations, even calling her out when she tries to avoid him. “Because I know you screamed yes when you came, and you hung up because you didn’t want me to hear it.” I love how he plays with her during their tete-a-tete. The story only gets better when Alyssa turns the tables on Andrew and he begins to lose some of the control that he yields over everyone around him. At the end of this novella, I was scrambling to find out when the next book in the series will be released. I am very curious about where this story will go.


No comments:

Post a Comment