Saturday, July 20, 2013

Beautiful Broken Rules by Kimberly Lauren 4.5/5 Stars Rating


The book description did not interest me. College girl sleeps around like a guy and refuses to apologize for it. Yea...that did not seem interesting. The reviews for this book however did grab my interest. I want to know why people were so goofy over another college romance. Hmmmm? So I read it and now I get it...TWINS!!!

Basic storyline: Emerson is a college junior that doesn’t want to get too involved with anyone so she establishes rules for “sleeping around”: never sleep with someone a friend has feelings for, never sleep with someone in a relationship, and never sleep with anyone more than three times. She has two best friends: Cole and Quinn. Cole has friends from Texas that are moving in with him into an apartment next door to Emerson and Quinn. Enter Jaxon. Jax is swoon worthy in a “best book boyfriend ever” kind of way. He is very much like Travis Maddox (from Beautiful Disaster) but WITHOUT all of the insecurities. He wants Emerson and recognizes from the start that he will have to work very hard to get her. Needless to say, Emerson has her reasons for her rules and Jaxon seems hell bent on ignoring these reasons, with respect of course. Rounding out this group is Jace, Jaxon’s identical and equally sexy twin. 

Emerson is my new favorite heroine. She is complex: when single, she is confident,  self-assured and able to handle other people’s negativity with a shrug of her shoulders, when attached to Jax, she struggles with all of the same insecurities that many women face. She is damaged and wants to hide behind walls and Jax challenges all of that and tears those walls down. There is a lot of angst with these two characters but I enjoyed their journey. This is just an incredible story of “finding the right one for you”.  I love the supporting characters. QUOTABLE: When Quinn catches Emerson ogling Jace, she replies “Sorry! It’s just so hard. I mean he’s my boyfriend’s identical twin. Obviously I like this brand.” Too funny!

 I am so happy I read this NA romance and hope to see more from Kimberly Lauren. 

No comments:

Post a Comment