Saturday, July 13, 2013

Complete Me by J. Kenner 4/5 Stars Rating


I was so excited for the final installment in this series. I was thrilled to receive an ARC and discuss the happily ever after of Damien and Nikki. I was happy with where the couple ended in the novel but not so thrilled about the journey going there. Normally, this would never be a complaint for me but there was SO MUCH sex. The sex scenes in this book became a distraction. I went back through my notes and saw that I stopped in the middle of three difference scenes. There were points where the “loving” was dialed down and I got to enjoy the plot, because there is a really good storyline that details Damien’s background. Readers of the series will enjoy this installment. The first two books really drew me and had me looking forward to how Damien and Nikki end up. I love that there were a few surprises with some of the characters so it was nice to not get stuck having to endure a trite storyline. Damien is more tangible in this novel. He shifts from the mysterious and detached man of power and becomes a man in love. Although he does not directly state his love for Nikki, he is constantly finding creative ways to tell (and show) her how much she means to him. Nikki works toward declaring her independence although it is made clear throughout the story that she is dependent emotionally on Damien. I love that we get to enjoy two people struggling through a difficult relationship and pushing to remain together instead of the angst and separation that you get with many of the New Adult novels. Redundant and abundant sex scenes aside, Ms. Kenner does a wonderful job wrapping up her series. 

No comments:

Post a Comment