Thursday, July 18, 2013

Savor You by Emily Snow Book #1 in the Savor Us Series 3.5/5 Stars Rating


I was looking forward to Kylie and Wyatt’s story after reading Devoured with Sienna and Lucas. Emily Snow’s character struggles and relationship angst in her novels is captivating. They are fun to read because the reader gets lost in the whirlwind of who’s right and who’s wrong. The fact that she uses rock stars helps with imagining the sexy hero who has to capture the heart of a strong-willed heroine.

In Savor You I did not get as lost in the story as I feel that I should have. This story has an endearing premise. There are two characters that have been going back and forth with one another for years. They have beaten themselves up over their want and desire to be together but never finding the courage to really be together. The theme of the book is the old cliché ‘relationships are hard’. However, the focus of the book is around how Kylie and Wyatt have never been able to get past the hard part. I think this is part of the reason why I am not as enamored with this book as I want to be. The main characters are weak; they are mental midgets. Of course, this revelation conflicts with the development of these two characters in the novel as a whole. They both come across as strong-willed and rebellious but in truth they are incapable of dealing with the difficulties of life in a mature way.


It took quite some time to get through with reading this book. I do feel that the storyline is strong and the author incorporates the supporting characters from the Devoured series very well. There is a nice mingling of the two storylines but I wanted more from Kylie. I was pleasantly surprised with the few twists that were integrated into the story and I think readers will enjoy that much.  

No comments:

Post a Comment