Sunday, July 14, 2013

Elite by Rachel Van Dyken The Eagle Elite Series 3/5 stars rating


I enjoyed this book. I loved the idea of the mafia storyline and the private college designated for the nation’s elite. I winced through the angst between the leads as they struggled with their burgeoning love. I enjoyed this book. The story revolves around Trace’s acceptance to an exclusive college her freshman year. She enters the school and meets the class president, Nixon, and his entourage who give her a rude awakening. She later discovers truths about her new school. the students that attend the school, and her family history. Her discoveries lead her to see how all of these things are connected and that she is more important that she could ever know. This New Adult novel has a great storyline and I am looking forward to the sequel.

With that said, I must admit that there were several aspects that were a distraction. There were quite a few plot holes and inconsistencies in the plot that I kept questioning. I realize that this is a series (not sure yet if it will be two books or three) but so much of the introduction of Trace to the school is unclear as the story progresses. I felt as though the college came across more as a high school and I had a hard time with this component. If reading, I recommend looking past the fastidious details and enjoying a creative story about the rediscovery of love.

No comments:

Post a Comment